Tuesday 5 May 2009

ONE MAN AND HIS..........





Somebody showed me these photographs by Pieter Hugo some time ago. I had forgotten about them until recently watching one of DA's (David Attenborough) many african spectacles. They are some of the most incredible photographs, and the ones i have chosen to post up here are merely a taster of this series. I have never heard of Pieter Hugo before, he is represented by a South African gallery, so i'll take it that is where he is from. I have always had mad love for Hyenas, they are alway depicted as the scallies of the African plaines, I personally rate them as top dog (no pun intended) in those ends. Word in the field is that they have the strongest bite in the animal kingdom, BIG! i will allow Pieter to explain a little bit more about the pictures himself, clock the links for more info and of course more pictures.

oh yeh, the baboons are sick too

"These photographs came about after a friend emailed me an image taken on a cellphone through a car window in Lagos, Nigeria, which depicted a group of men walking down the street with a hyena in chains. A few days later I saw the image reproduced in a South African newspaper with the caption 'The Streets of Lagos'. Nigerian newspapers reported that these men were bank robbers, bodyguards, drug dealers, debt collectors. Myths surrounded them. The image captivated me."

>>>>>>>>LINKED<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>LINKED SQUARED<<<<<<<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment